Highways dept suggests new routes Bangkokians can use to escape during holidays
In a bid to avoid congestion and ensure smooth travel between provinces, the Department of Highways on Thursday released details of new routes from Bangkok motorists can take during the New Year holidays.
The routes are:
• Rangsit route to Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Ang Thong, Singburi, Chai Nat’s Manorom district and Nakhon Sawan.
• Nonthaburi route to Suphanburi, Chai Nat and Nakhon Sawan.
• Rangsit route to Ayutthaya’s Wang Noi district, Saraburi, Lopburi, Nakhon Sawan’s Tak Fa district and Phitsanulok.
• Rangsit route to Pathum Thani’s Klong Luang junction, Chiang Rak Noi subdistrict, Highways 347 and 32 to the North.
• The Eastern outer ring road to Wang Noi district, Rojana Road and Highway 32 to the North.
• Saraburi route through Muang Khom, Tha Luang, Dan Khun Thot, Kham Thale So and Mittraphap Road to Nakhon Ratchasima.
• Wang Noi district route to Saraburi, and then via Pak Chong and Sikhiu to Nakhon Ratchasima.
• Nakhon Nayok route to Ban Na, Kaeng Khoi and Pak Chong to Nakhon Ratchasima province. Motorists can also use Highway 33 in Ban Na Rai to head for Kabin Buri district in Prachinburi and Aranyaprathet in Sa Kaew.
• Chachoengsao route to Phanom Sarakham, Kabin Buri, Wang Nam Khiao, Pak Thong Chai to Nakhon Ratchasima.
• Highway No 7 to Chonburi and Pattaya.
• Bang Pakong route to Chonburi.
• Phanat Nikhom route to Chonburi.
• Samut Sakhon route to Samut Songkhram, Wang Manao intersection, Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan.
• Samphran route to Nakhon Chai Si, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi, Wang Manao intersection, Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan.
• Borommaratchachonnani route to Nakhon Chai Si, Nakhon Pathom, Ratchaburi, Wang Manao intersection, Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan.
The department's director-general Sarawut Songsivilai said he has instructed traffic officials to ensure smooth traffic in 10 routes, namely:
• Don Muang to Rangsit, Bang Pa-in junction, Ayutthaya, Bang Pahan, Ang Thong, Sing Buri, Chai Nat, Uthai Thani and Nakhon Sawan.
• Lat Bua Luang to Suphan Buri and Chai Nat.
• Bang Pa-In junction to Wang Noi, Nong Khae, Saraburi, Kaeng Khoi, Pak Chong, Lam Takhong, Sikhiu, Pak Thong Chai intersection and Nakhon Ratchasima.
• Ramindra to Min Buri, Nong Chok, Chachoengsao, Prachinburi, Kabin Buri and Pak Thong Chai intersection.
• Rangsit to Thanyaburi, Ongkharak, Ban Na and Kabin Buri.
• Bang Khun Thian junction to Samut Sakhon, Ban Bo, Samut Songkhram and Wang Manao junction.
• Taling Chan to Salaya, Nakhon Chai Si, Nakhon Pathom, Bang Phae, Ratchaburi and Wang Manao junction.
• Thap Chang to Suvarnabhumi, Lat Krabang, Bang Pakong, Nong Kham, Nong Prue and Pattaya.
• Bang Na to Bang Phli, Bang Wua and Bang Pakong.
• Kanchanaphisek Eastern and Western outer ring roads.